Welcome to the Black Swamp Curling Center!
The health and safety of our club members and visitors has always been our priority, even more so now with the recent pandemic. Your Operations Committee and the Board have collaborated to ensure a safe environment for continued summer meetings and events. We are watching the CDC website for changes daily and are monitoring the governor’s decisions. Once the USCA has released their guidelines, we will be following those as well. It is the responsibility of all club members to comply with these guidelines.
What you can expect from us:
- We have a team of dedicated club members who will be bartending during Thirsty Thursdays.
- They are committed to health screenings, increased hand washing, increased sanitizing of the bar and glassware, and wearing a mask while serving.
- The kitchen and bar area have been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
- There is a list of the bartender protocols posted at the bar.
- The bar and warm room have been reconfigured to comply with social distancing guidelines.
What we ask of you:
- If you feel ill, do not visit the club.
- We are currently limiting our capacity to 75 people or less.
- Please observe social distancing. Where a table would normally seat 8, limit the capacity to 4 or less people.
- Avoid handshakes or hugs (Curlers are Huggers!) during this time.
- You are welcome to wear a mask while visiting, but we are not mandating that currently.
All the above is subject to change in accordance to the CDC and governor of Ohio.
At the Black Swamp Curling Center, we offer many programs for anyone to get involved with curling.
To learn more about any of these items, you can click the colored squares below.
Learn-to-Curl - Most people start with a Learn-to-Curl session. We are always adding new sessions as ice time allows so check back often. We also sell Learn-to-Curl gift certificates. Just stop by anytime we are open to purchase them at the bar. There will be numerous Learn-to-Curls scheduled in late October.
Starter Leagues - Starter Leagues are a typical next step for those who want to learn more. Our next 6-week Starter League will begin on November 8, 2020.
Bonspiels - The Black Swamp Curling Center hosts several bonspiels each year. They are loads of fun even if you just want to come out and watch.
Youth - We have launched a new youth program this fall and you can click below to learn more.
ALSO... Spectators are always welcome! And if there is curling, our bar, The 9th End, will also be open to serve your refreshment needs with a good collection of beer, wine, spirits and non-alcoholic drinks.
Hope to see you all on the ice!
PS: We now live-stream Sheet D! You can find it by going to YouTube and searching for Black Swamp Curling Center or by clicking HERE.